The greatest minds of all time have pondered love and relationships. From Aristotle, Homer (not Simpson), Lao Tzu, and Shakespeare to poets and comedians of the day, there are poems, tomes, observations and comments on the ephemeral subject of love.
The Top 10 Single Best Quotes for the Single:
1. “Live to love, not love to live.” – Anonymous
2. “Don’t keep a man guessing too long – he’s sure to find the answer somewhere else.” – Mae West
3. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
4. “Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” – Billy Crystal
5. “I’m too shy to express my sexual needs except over the phone to people I don’t know.” – Garry Shandling
6. “Don’t cry for a man who’s left you, the next one may fall for your smile.” Mae West
7. “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.” – Lao Tzu
8. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
9. “Save a boyfriend for a rainy day – and another, in case it doesn’t rain.” – Mae West
10. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss
San Francisco author, dating coach, and dating docent offers
“Online Dating: Get Your Mojo Moving”
3-hour Inspired Dating Workshop
- Saturday 10 AM to 1 PM
- Cost: $125.00
- Limit: eight to a class
- Bring your current online dating profile, photos and a Dream Date List (more information with Enrollment) an open-mind, a sense of humor, and a desire to get in the dating game to play and win.
Enroll – today- at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 10 Dating Rules for “Girls Over 50”
The Birthday Girls, once the brazen 49-er’s are turning 50.
The coterie subscribes to the “Life is short, kick up your heels” philosophy. On the precipice of hitting 50 – with gusto – they created their very own ‘Un-Bucket List’
Through the decades, the friends have been through the highest highs and the lowest lows. Cherie B, their scribe, writes: “At times, life was like heaven (weddings, babies, careers, white picket fences, celebrations) and like hell (teenagers, parents dying, and making ex-husbands).”
The 10 women who met as coeds at that school in Palo Alto have gracefully blossomed into women. At their big 5-0 celebration, they decided to kick up their heels at their favorite San Francisco restaurant, Aziza and finish the night at Zero-Zero.
Statistics: Some Suddenly Single- Their Creed
As fate would have it, six of the women are single and blithely swimming in, or hanging around, the dating pool. After their celebration with champagne and exquisite pink cupcakes, punctuated with storytelling and paroxysms of laughter, the women compiled their own
Top Ten Dating Rules at 50 List:
(Life is Short and I Won’t Settle List)
1. I won’t sit by the phone or the computer waiting for a man to reach out. I will be proactive and flirt – early and often.
2. I won’t respond to a man who sends me a photo of him hiding and enshrouded in a hat and sunglasses.
3. I won’t be impressed with anyone who sends a canned greeting (Hello Angel, does God know you left heaven?)
4. I won’t meet anyone for a date in a parking lot, a bowling alley, or the Indy 500.
5. I won’t kiss and tell, but I might kiss again. And, again.
6. I won’t hesitate to delete grumps, grouches, less than honest forthright people from my life.
7. I won’t waste time with people who see the glass as chipped, broken or empty.
8. I won’t miss the opportunity for a hug or a kiss. Holding hands is a priority.
9. I won’t wear Crocs, Uggs, Sweats, fanny-packs, Lanz nighties, shoulder pads, granny glasses or acid wash jeans. And, I won’t date a guy with a proclivity for all of the above.
10. I won’t let anyone rain on my parade. Life is a cabaret. I will sing and dance like my hair is on fire.
The robust “49-ers” default to laughing, sharing, and supporting one another. Thirty years ago they were new at the dating game- and here they go again – back in the dating saddle. Ride on, girls. Happy Birthday.
“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.”