Are you 50, 60, or 70 and back in the Dating Game?
Have you been told to Follow Your Bliss? But, you know you need a map, a compass, and a GPS just to find the On-ramp to the Bliss Highway of life?
Here are Five Easy Ways to get back in the dating saddle and ride off into sunset.
1. There will always be a Greek chorus urging you to get back on the horse. Neigh? If you have images of a pony-ride dancing in your head, be prepared. This foray in Dating in 2020 is more like the electronic bull you remember from that John Travolta movie, Urban Cowboy. Best advice: “Better buckle up. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.” Relax and enjoy the new adventures in Dating land.
2. Adopt and embrace the C’est la vie attitude. You know, life is short and why waste time? Refrain from perching over your phone waiting for a text or checking your emails 10 times a day. Your mother was right: Get out there and play.
3. You’re not alone. There are over 20+ million Singles back in the Dating Game. Many are done playing Solitaire and are ready to play Hearts! Get out of the house and join a walking, hiking, biking, rowing, kayaking, birding, debate, tennis, ping pong, or spelunking club. See Meetup.com for hundreds of organizations in your zip code.
4. Step Up: Volunteer– Litquake -one of San Francisco’s greatest events of the year is upon us. The ever popular, Mill Valley Film festival, St Anthony’s, etc. The list is long. Do a good deed and meet new people. Take a look at my column on volunteering – remember: Volunteers are Love in Motion.
5. Your mother was wrong: Do speak to strangers. Smile and say “hey” to – most everyone, every Single day.
Dating at 50+ is a lot more fun than dating at 20. You are more interesting, wiser, smarter, have better life’s stories and you don’t have to ask your mom to borrow the car.
Come on in, the water is fine.