Gear up for jazz, street theater, dancing in the streets and unique activities like hanging out under the Boardwalk
or any of these Top 20 fun Bay Area events and venues.
1. The Sausalito Art Festival is happening Labor Day weekend. Check website for Volunteering/ Free Admission opps.
2. SEE: Free Admission Museum Day – The de Young Museum and Palace of Legion of Honor: First Tuesdays
3. Feed the ducks, walk the trails, look for alligators at Mountain Lake Park off of lovely Lake Street.
4. Take me out to a ballgame: SF Giants do not miss the games!
5. Ride a Cable Car half way to the stars or to Fisherman’s Wharf and play tourist for the day.
6. Take a summer time hike in and around the stunning hills and dales of Muir Woods.
8. Take the ferry and go wine tasting at the Rosenblum Cellars in Alameda
9. Get in the Swing of things: check out a ballroom dancing competition. Try the Cha-cha-cha, Samba or Swing.
10. Party on at Beach, Lake, River, pool, sprinkler – eke out as much summer fun as possible in the next 4 days
11. Skate, run, walk, bike around or even swing on the swings at a Golden Gate Park Have a cup of tea and Explore the Japanese Tea Garden.
15. Beach blanket bingo time: head over to Santa Cruz and the famous Boardwalk for fun in the sun- beware the infamous “Weight Guesser.”
16. Okay -so you missed Burning Man– find those leftover 4th of July Sparklers…
17. Play around and visit the hands on – science fair: the Exploratorium
18. Try a 7-Day Free Trial on Hulu or HBO
19. Visit Colma cemetery – home of 17 cemeteries and look for the “six-foot-under celebrities.”