Your Recipe for Romance
If things are a little Frosty and you want ‘Joy to the World’ ~ not another Silent Night…
Oh, come on, all ye faithful and take note: here is the Christmas Recipe for romance for a party for two – no reservations.
1. Candlelight – nothing says ambiance like votive candles flickering on table tops and throughout
2. Bubbles -Choose Champagne or Proseca or Martinelli’s Sparkling cider or Perrier…
3. Music – Go Classic: Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Andrea Bocelli…Try Spotify….Need A Top 20 List?
4. Ambiance – Oh, Christmas tree? A $10 wreath from Trader Joe’s placed inside your home adds fragrance and instant atmosphere.
Three Easy Steps
2.) Decorate and
3.) Prep the merry meal.
Today’s grocery stores are so one-stop shopping. At Mollie Stones you can buy the meal, the wine, the flowers, the tablecloth and matching napkins, a Christmas CD, party gifts, dessert and get your knives sharpened at the same time.
There is no reason to fuss – Go Thoreau and simplify, simplify, simplify…
Mable, Mable: Set the table the night before and be sure to have a simple centerpiece and candles. Fill a large glass bowl with brightly colored ornaments.
Silent night? If you want Joy to the World – get great music – default to the classics by getting the Christmas crooners: Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby and Andrea Bocelli and, Santa baby, you’ll have a jingle- bell- rock and a merry little Christmas. (Top 100 Christmas Songs)
· Cracked Crab, tossed green salad with Satsumas and pomegranates, French bread, melted butter, Bubbly and a decadent chocolate dessert.
· Pot Roast, red potatoes, vegetables melange, and artichokes
· Real Raviolis and Meat Sauce, tossed green salad with Florida orange slices/ avocado, buttery rolls, a bottle of Chianti – voila!
· Holiday Stir-fry with crimini and Portobello’s, Scallops, bok choy and scallions
Sweetie pie, Note – Desserts have been called seductive since Eve offered Adam that devilish Apple Tartin. ( See: Bakery Tartine)
Remember: less is best and simple is elegant.
Ho, Ho, Holiday Magic~