You’ve seen all the “Rule Books” on dating, mating, flirting, and living. Interesting, most are written by women.
Finally, a guy called ANON, has taken the time to create a
List of Rules From the Manly Man Point of View’.
The original manuscript, written on a piece of binder paper and had no real scholarly pretensions. Through time, numerous readers felt compelled to enhance and embellish the edicts. What you see before you is a compendium of clever manly dictates.
Note: Because these are the Manly Men Rules they are all numbered ‘#1 ‘ for a purpose ~ each is equally as important.
1.ESPN not ESP Men are not mind readers. We are rugged, brawny, handsome and handy – we just don’t have the ESP gene – spell it out, sweetheart.
1. Sunday Sports are of the highest importance. They’re like the full moon, the stars and the sky – our True North. It’s not the day to drag us to mall and make us hold your suitcase-sized purse as you try on 15 pair of identical black slacks. We crave Sunday Sports – be a sport – and just hand us the remote control.
1. Don’t Mall Me: Shopping is not a sport. No amount of cajoling, kidding, or kissing is going to make us think of it that way.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: subtle hints do not work. Strong, loud, hints don’t work. Call us primitive– it is obvious your soft, whimsical and cute little hints are not effective. Do us both a favor, and clearly state what you want.
1. Your Final Answer? ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. We are succinct. Especially during TV commercials.
1. Memories: Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and Void after seven days.
1. Lost in Translation: If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we really meant the other one. Honest.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself. If you want company and camaraderie – ask us. After you’ve called your girl friends.
1.Following our Bliss ~ Christopher Columbus didn’t need or ask for directions and pride prevents us from breaking the mold. Work with us—that’s why God invented maps and GPS.