Five Classic Nightmare Dates…
- You Missed Manners: You took three phone calls during a 20-minute coffee date. Yes, you were frothy with apologies – but flat, with sincerity and manners. First impressions last forever.
- Liar’s Dicey: You wrote on your profile that you were an “Economist. ” In person, you admitted you were a ‘Shared Economist.’ Actually, you divulged you rent out your kid’s room on Air BnB and drive for Lyft and the concept of Monkey Parking seems promising to you. Perhaps you meant to say you were an ‘embellisher and an entrepreneur.” The Truth will see you free…
- “Bitchen” used to mean something else: By pure coincidence, you met in the parking lot and your little white dog was in your lap and hanging out the car window. The same hyper, yappy, little white lap dog accompanied you on the date. You paid more attention to the canine. Adios, muchacha!
- Bulldozer Interview: You came on really strong-inquiring about his income, home address, where his ex-wife lived, and if he required any medicinal “lifts” in the boudoir. Really? All could be considered coarse, crass none of your business and Buzz-kill 101.
- Not in Vogue: You showed up wearing pajamas: at 11:00 AM for a coffee date at Mel’s Drive-In on Geary Boulevard. Sweetie, newsflash: you are 50, not 15.