Single women..not so much
What’s for dinner?
Ask 10 single women what they usually have for dinner and you’ll hear responses like:
- Fruit and Greek yogurt
- A bowl of soup
- A sweet potato- embellished with condiments
- An omelet
- A tossed green salad
- Something from Trader Joe’s
- An apple, cheese and crackers, and a glass of wine
Conversely, if you stand outside the gym at the JCC, Gold’s gym, or Trader Joe’s
(NOTE: a great way to meet guys) and ask a single guy what he’s planning for dinner that night you will hear:
- Meat, potatoes, and salad
- Mexican food or Chinese Take out
- A Stouffer’s frozen lasagna, salad, and a bowl of ice cream
- Lamb chops, potatoes au gratin, green beans
- Chicken, corn, cheese, rice, beans, salsa and corn tortillas
- Barbecued something
- Piece of fish, green salad with all the fixings, a vegetable
- Something he picked up at Pasta Pomodoro, KFC, or BK, or McDonald’s
As a result, men and women who live together must compromise all the time – well, at least every night – at dinner time.
if you are a quinoa, tofu, quasi- vegetarian – who has very simple needs at dinnertime – and he’s a classic “Hungry Man,” take note.
I can guarantee, you and your new – roommate-for-life will have multiple conversations (a.k.a. debates) about shopping, prepping, cooking, calories and cleaning up detail. Work it out and make it work
A dear reader just sent me a fabulous book- Forty-one pages of quinoa recipes- hallelujah!