Life is Short: Their Top Ten List
The remarkable “49-ers” a group of San Francisco girls – default to laughing, sharing, and supporting one another. 30 years ago they were new at the dating game- and here they go again – a few of them back in the “dating saddle” again.
The gang of friends from college – ten women who met when they were girls and gracefully blossomed into women ~ partied hearty this weekend.
They were turning 50 and wanted to kick up their heels. The self-appointed scribe of the group, Mitzi, sent in a recap of the ladies weekend.
Through the decades, the friends have been through the highest highs and the lowest lows.
Mitzi indicated, at times, life was like heaven (weddings, babies, careers, white picket fences, celebrations) and hell, (teenagers, parents dying, and making ex-husbands).
The 49-er’s gather annually to celebrate life and take a pulse on each other’s recent developments.
As fate would have it, six of the women are now single and blithely swimming in the dating pool.
After their celebration with champagne and exquisite pink cupcakes, punctuated with storytelling and paroxysms of laughter, the women compiled their own Top Ten List entitled:
49-er’s Top Ten ‘Life is Short and I Won’t’ List
1. I won’t wear Crocs, Uggs, Sweats, backpacks, Lanz nighties, shoulder pads, granny glasses or acid wash jeans,
2. I won’t respond to a man online who sends me a photo of him enshrouded in a hat and sunglasses.
3. I won’t be impressed with anyone who sends a canned greeting (Hello Angel, does God know you left heaven?)
4. I won’t meet anyone for a date in a parking lot, a bowling alley, or the Indy 500.
5. I won’t kiss and tell, but I might kiss again. And, again.
6. I won’t hesitate to delete grumps, grouches, less than honest people from my life
7. I won’t waste time with people who see the glass as chipped, broken or empty.
8. I won’t miss the opportunity for a hug or a kiss. Holding hands is a priority.
9. I won’t waste my time with married men, dull play-around boys or duds.
10. I won’t let anyone rain on my parade. Life is a cabaret. I will sing and dance like my hair is on fire.
Wishing them luck, lots of hugs and many more kisses.