Remember, there is no excuse for a dull and predictable date.
Think outside of the box and the City- explore!
It is time to: gear up for dancing in the streets, picnics, hikes, swimming, star-gazing… try unique activities like hanging out under the Boardwalk or any of these 20 fun events and venues.
1. Check out the brand new exhibit a the Museum of California in Oakland.
2. Pick cherries and lots of other Fruit at a U-pick farm in Brentwood. Bring a hat, bags and a sense of adventure.
3. Feed the ducks at Mountain Lake Park off Lake Street.
5. Ride a Cable Car to Fisherman’s Wharf and play tourist for the day. Pier 39 rocks.
6. Take a summer time hike in and around the stunning hills and dales of Muir Woods. Go early and avoid the crush.
7. Celebrate 75: Happy Birthday, Golden Gate Bridge. Rent Mikes Bikes and travel over the Golden Gate Bridge together. Catch the Tiburon Ferry.
8. Get nautical: Take the ferry from the Ferry Building in San Francisco and go wine tasting at the Rosenblum Cellars in Alameda.
9. Attend a ballroom dancing competition. Take lessons?
10. Be Cool: Attend the July- 18 day- State Fair in Sacramento– it’s hot – in every sense. Bring a hat, water, sunscreen and a sense of fun!
11. Swing on the swings at a Golden Gate Park – walk across the street for yummy fish tacos at Pacific Catch.
12. Hang out at Green Apple Books– have brunch at Restaurant Q on Clement Street.
13. Stroll through the San Francisco Zoo; go to the beach, have a picnic.
14. Toss a frisbee in Golden Gate Park- check out free concerts happening all summer.
15. Have a picnic in Dolores Park.
16. Volunteer at KQED during pledge drive and be on TV together.
17. Play and visit the hands on – science fair: the Exploratorium
18. Work the Sunday Pink section crossword puzzle together with a pot of green tea or sip Champagne.
19. If a trip to the Colma cemetery to look at the “six-foot-under celebrities” is too deadly- Go south: Go to Santa Cruz and revel in The Boardwalk.
20. Check out the new hot spot: Redwood City’s Courthouse Square for jazz, dancing, and movies.