and for Hallmark.
Florists are in seventh heaven with dozens of acres of red roses bought and sold in February. What about the rest of us, sweetheart?
Valentine’s Day is about happy hearts, hugs, flirting, wearing all shades of red, pink and crimson. February 14th is the one day of the year we can “Blame it on Cupid” while we gather up courage to flirt early and flirt often.
- Say ‘hi’ to that cutie you see every day
- Smile at strangers
- Send Valentines wishes (roses are red, violets are blue, meet me at…)
- Invite a ‘hearty’ acquaintance to join you for a walk through the Presidio – and a drink at Liverpool Lil’s
- Wear red – all week long.
- Buy “Big Hunk” candy bars for all your girlfriends. Give away Hershey kisses.
- Text, twitter, e-mail, and poke your friends on Face book: reach out and hug someone
- Make Valentines; check out Free Range Stock for fabulous photos
- Meet at the stunning Palace of Fine Arts. Learn about Walter Johnson who saved and restored the once dilapidated building.
- Invite a small group to meet at Amoeba Records, agree upon a romantic comedy; have dinner and Sangria at Cha-Cha-Cha ; watch the movie with red wine and red velvet cupcakes, Sweet!
- Send everyone you know a simple “I love you” message-pay it forward
- Create a CD of all your favorite romantic love song – share – Besame Mucho!
Have a happy healthy heart