We Need to Talk?
Remember the courtroom scene in the movie, Miracle on 34th Street where a gaggle of postmen deliver bags and more bags of letters to Santa Claus? I get mail. Already this year, there have been reams of lengthy diatribes, quick notes, short and sweet tweets, and a lollapalooza of text messages – both for and against the opinions of this humble writer.
Feedback: Static and Volatile
2011 Top 10 Favorite Page Larkin Columns
- Before Match.com Yahoo Personals, Ourtime, Senior Dates,and Eharmony there were two guys in a dorm – with a dream– at Santa Clara University. It was, Science Friday and the very first computer dating company
- Since the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve, it has been a baffling mystery – the age old Gordian knot: What do men really want women to know?
- The Kentucky Derby inspired the mother of all weekends: horses, hats, hearts, and hello! The column earned a landfall of neighs and yays.
- Today, it was said there have been three important apples in world history: the one with Adam and Eve; the apple with Sir Isaac Newton and and Steve Jobs and his Apple. Be sure to see: ilove Apple and all the fanboys.
- Women are loquacious, it’s what we do. However, this gift of gab and volubility – begs the question: is there such a thing as TMI? You betcha. Too much information on your dating profile can be a major turn-off. Writer beware.Less is more.
- Don’t Give up! Every once in awhile, you hear about 50-something, frustrated daters, folding up their tents, and quitting the dating game. Remember, don’t give up on dating – just learn the rules and learn which ones to break. It will all be okay.
- Bye, bye Oprah:It was a very sad day, when everybody’s best friend, Oprah, retired. See: Oprah retires-the party is over.
8. Melancholy Baby? Got a Room at the Heartbreak Hotel? No Room Service- Move out
9. Isn’t it romantic? Tea and Tivo: The Royal Wedding was a true show stopper. Thousands of people called in sick that day- and stayed home to sip tea and dine on crumpets and jam as they watched. The Wedding: all about TiVo
10. Flirt Early – and Flirt Often Any great Dating at 50 Diva or Docent, with an imagination and a true desire to see her clients go forth and multiply good times will organize a Downtown San Francisco Scavenger hunt. The Fabulous Female Flirting graduates painted San Francisco’s Union Square red. A huge success by all accounts
- First Saturdays – every month 10 AM to 1 PM
- Cost: $85
- Limit: SIX to a class
Bring your current online dating profile, photos and a Dream Date List (more information with Enrollment) an open-mind, a sense of humor, and a desire to get in the dating game to play and win.
Enroll at Page.Larkin@Gmail.com
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- click the Subscribe button at the top of the page