You don’t need a crystal ball, a GPS or ouija board to find single women in Marin County
Here are The Top 10 Places to Meet Women in Marin County
1. Film Festivals – There are more film festivals, per capita, in Marin than any other county in California. Just being at a film festival is a natural way to encounter a kindred spirit. Make it a point to nonchalantly comment on a genre, director, star, long line, or paucity of tickets. It all starts with a question: ” Do you know – ” Fill in the blank and start a conversation. October 7th is the start date for the famed and fun Mill Valley Film Festival.
2. Trader Joe’s – On Sunday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m… (and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…) It all starts with a question – “Excuse me, have you tried this cheese ___? Do you know how to pick out great apples?” (wine? bread? soap?…) Yes, Virginia, Whole Foods falls into same category for great place to pick up, a quart of anything.
3. Lectures – at Book Passages – hottest ticket in Marin for a parade of amazing authors The events (free) usually attract SRO. Look also at : Marin Arts Center, Marin Osher JCC, the Mill Valley Library, Falkirk, San Domenico.
4. Volunteer – Sausalito Art Festival any Film Festival, Wine Tasting Events, Sierra Club, the Human Race, Writer’s Conferences. Bonus: you volunteer and get to attend the venue, free, and mingle with the attendees.
5. Yoga classes – Hands down this has to be the best place to meet women; odds are generally 10 women to 1 guy… and women have a soft spot in their hearts (or soles ) for a guy who happens to wander into a yoga class. Do a little research and find beginner classes and start there. You’ll thank me. Despite popular Marin Myths- there are not yoga studios on every street corner. You will have to find a place to put your mat.
6. Bookstores – Hey, it’s where we hang out. Note: 67% of all books are sold to Single Women. You do the math. Yes, speak up, say hey, ask a question (i.e “Is this author any good? Do you like ____?” )
7. Cupcake stores – Sweet. (think Sprinkles the famed Oprah Best Pick genre) Okay, sweetie, so we indulge. Sit down, have a cup of coffee and engage. Best question to ask, “Which is your favorite?” or “I want to buy my mom a treat- what you suggest?”
8. Peets – Women of a certain age preferred Peets over Starbucks and eschew Formica tabletops. Okay, of course, La Coppa and the Depot.
9. Wine Shops ( i.e VintageWine/Spirits, Jolly King, Marin Bev Outlet, Mill Valley Market, ) Aren’t we all looking for the same thing? A decent Pinot Noir and a bon soir? Didn’t need to suggest asking a question, did I?
10. On the Street, in the elevator, walking into the store, on the bus, after the movie, at Muir Beach, on the ferry, at church, at dim sum, at Rancho Nicasio, classes at College of Marin, even dog walking, Safeway, at any of the myriad the farmer’s market, at the library….in the waiting room…walking, strolling, hiking or biking on beautiful Mount Tamalpais.
Every single day – there are multiple opportunities to simply open a conversation with the magic words: Hi, Hey, Hello…and the best line ever, ” Don’t I know you? “
Now, get out there and play!
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at email@example.com
Don’t miss a single Page Larkin column- click the Subscribe button
All Page Larkin Dating@50 by Page Larkin;