Page Larkin’s Top 10 Fun Weekend Events.
A little fog or soaring temps shouldn’t stop you from having a fabulous weekend.
- Take a Toque: Dine Around ~ see SF Chef’s week – palates and plates – booze and bites
- Will You Haight It? After a primo dinner with tapas and Caribbean small plates at Cha-Cha-Cha dance over to The Tornado in the Haight – they have 50 beers on draft. Their famous ‘Oh, Happy Hour” starts at 11:30 am and goes until 6:00 pm. Come on, come on, get happy!
- Check out: Best Sunday night Jazz in San Francisco on Sunday night with a $5.00 cover? The Dogpatch Saloon at Third and 22nd, is jivin, jumpin, ever so cool.
- Friendliest bookstores in San Francisco? Bird and Beckett – in the hip and lively Glen Park district. Check out their literary and jazz joint schedule. B&B has parties, events, readings and music all the time.
- Spooky? Dying to see a haunted house? Now is the time for all good ghouls and boos to sign up for the Ghost Hunt walking tour. It’s fun, it’s a scream, and it’s spooky. Six nights a week at 7 PM Price: $20. An excellent tour of lower Pacific Heights. Jim Fassbinder, the guide is brilliant and witty and very spooky – in a good way.
- Sir Laugh-a-lot? Check out Mill Valley’s Tuesday Comedy Night at the Throckmorton hosted by Mark Pitta and Friends. Pitta, a local legend, comedian, and classic boy-next-door-cute guy, hosts an evening of comedy. Go up the street for a drink at Vasco – home of Marin’s most handsome and amiable bartender. Tell a friend.
- Go Wine Tasting in Berkeley – Moo? Twenty wineries dot the landscape of the East Bay including Oakland, Emeryville, and Alameda. Think of it as a new wine country.
- Sunday Marin Farmer’s Market starring –200 local farmers Ambling through this visually delicious and XXL Farmer’s Market is a Sunday tradition for some and a necessity for others. Sure you will find everything organic from apricots to zucchini – plus there specialty food purveyors and artisans and tamales, sorbets, confections, pastries, cheeses, salsas, sauces, schrooms- and the list goes on. It is so worth the trip. Prepare to be dazzled by the quality and variety. Bring your own bag. Create a picnic and head to the beach…Or Muir Woods…
- Flirt early and flirt often? Put on your flirting hat and get out there are meet people. How? Smile. Say Hey – try one of these pickup lines
- So. let the sunshine in- broaden your horizons: Walk on the beach, share a picnic, volunteer at One Brick and explore the myriad unique events happening in the San Francisco Bay area daily.
Have fun- it’s summertime!