Everyone has a “worst first date” story… and, usually, is willing to share. Perhaps your egregious first date story doesn’t rival the movie, “Carrie” however, there are some nightmare first date stories.
A flurry of emails from readers and a random poll with the Date Watchers in the Yoga Babes– indicates women know exactly what they don’t want to do on a first date..
Top 10 Worst First are guaranteed to spoil the day:
- Play Paint Ball– Way too Deer Hunter –for most women
- Karaoke– not an intoxicating way to spend time- no matter how well you warble.
- Spelunking – Exploring Caves – an acquired taste –most are too dark, too dull and too much for a first date. Think: picnic instead.
- Ceramic-making at a cutesy place for kids called something like “Fire Me Up.”
- Go-Cart Riding in Burlingame Driving to the Peninsula is enough for one day – why ruin it with more road rage?
- Kite Surfing or Paddle boarding – Falls under the too much, too soon, too cold. Who wants to wear a wet suit on the first date?
- Pole dancing lessons some people lap it up – others wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot…too much, too soon, too fast.
- See the Pyramids? She thought he meant Cairo Egypt- he meant an Amway meeting.
- Swimming in the San Francisco Bay – You maybe a member of the famed Polar bear club or a Tri Athlete- save the show- off until after the first date.
- Naked Workshops – Sure, developing rapport, closeness, and intimacy are all goals of a long-term relationship. Getting HAI on date number one- not so much.
On the first date you want to relax, be on your best behavior, get to know the other person. The goal is to enjoy yourself in low-key, fun, maybe even unique –situation.
Get out there and play.
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at PAGE.LARKIN@gmail.com