One of the most important components is your Headline aka
“The Attention-getting Device.”
Granted, your picture speaks volumes and is worth 1000 words, however, a smart headline can attract the right person.
Top 10 Worst Profile Headlines- don’t try this at home:
- I am your worst nightmare
- Hell is other people. Sartre
- Bored Again Dater? Try me
- I should come with a warning label
- I am a prescription for fun- all the time
- Take me for granted, please
- Something clever written here
- Sex, drugs, and rock and roll me
- Hey, Mr. Pirate, check out my booty
- Me: CEO, NRA, AA, FOX, ENFJ
As a rule, snarky and sarcastic headlines have limited appeal. Your goal is to attract a kindred spirit – someone who would appreciate you- for who you really are. Best advice: Simplify.
Skip the scare tactics and be open and friendly. Clever can be cute, or not. Incorporate your interests or hobbies into your headline.
Let’s say you love: gardening, hiking in the Presidio or skating in Golden Gate Park, hacky sack in the Haight, beer making, or your rescue dog- say it.
Have fun, skip the light sarcastic and stay open to new experiences.
The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.” Bertrand Russell
San Francisco Dating@50 Examiner, Page Larkin, welcomes your feedback, questions and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.