The hot date is over and you come to that awkward dating dilemma: Do you kiss, hug or shake hands? If the date was lousy and he or she eerily reminds you of Christopher Walken, the quick “Oh, look at the time” and a handshake is appropriate.
Conversely, if the date was pure bliss and you’re already planning the next rendezvous, and strains of Andrea Bocelli’s sexy song, “Besame Mucho” are running through your mind, go with the wrap-around hug.
Kissing optional and usually appreciated. Mucho?
Hugs are free and one-size-fits-all
Different people express love and affection in different ways. Some countries are known for passion, romance languages, and love. Italians don’t merely shake hands; they wrap you in a hug and kiss you on both cheeks. As they say: Eskimos nose how to kiss cool. How about you?
The Top Five Most Popular Hugs
1. The FBH – The Full Body Hug –One person envelops the other in a total, head to toe hug. The two fit like a glove.
2. The Triple Pat – Both individuals come in for a quick shoulder bump, each person applies three quick pats on the back, followed by the shove-off. You may hear the word “dude’ uttered.
3. The Donald Duck– The Hugger bends at the waist, allows for a quick peck on the cheek and does not allow body contact from the shoulders down.
4. The K.I.S.S. – Classic Keep it Simple and Superficial Hug – consists of leaning in, and air kisses on both cheeks. Actual physical contact verboten.
5. The Ecstatic Embrace – If you have more time – 90 minutes- you might want to try the Ecstatic Embrace.
How much is that free hug?